As the Application Monitoring Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring application performance in large-scale projects. You will also focus on both IT infrastructure and its impact on the client’s business. The ideal candidate for this role is a passionate problem-solver with a keen interest in complex structures and data visualization.
- Carry out application monitoring mandates for Matricis clients.
- Optimize logs and instrument the applications.
- Collaborate with clients to optimize the application error management process.
- Provide architecture (develop and design) for products like Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Microsoft OMS, SCOM, and others.
- Consult on and participate in client projects on these same technologies.
- Carry out application installation mandates with Matricis clients.
- Provide support for solutions implemented at client sites.
- Understand business needs and translate them into IT solutions.
- Actively contribute to improving the application monitoring process.
Education and experience
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 7 years of experience, with at least 4 years in consulting.
- Recognized expertise in Microsoft technologies.
- Experience using Splunk and/or AppDynamics and/or New Relic and/or Microsoft OMS and/or SCOM and/or Dynatrace.
- Good scripting skills (PowerShell, Bash, Python), ability to code in multiple languages.
- Knowledge of PowerShell.
- Technical knowledge of the following is an asset: SQL Server, Windows, Windows Server, Hyper-V and VMWare, Exchange, Active Directory, MS SharePoint, BizTalk, and ITIL.
- Hold a relevant technical certification (MCSE or other).
Skills and competencies
- Ability to rapidly analyze and understand complex problems, including their impact on the business.
- Understanding of monitoring and operating issues with regard to both infrastructure and applications.
- Ability to take a consultant-client approach, excellent customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills and sense of priorities.
- Detail-oriented, flexible and independent in the performance of day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to take a “project approach” to various tasks: project definition, timeline, objective, team involved, budget (money and time).
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (verbal and written).
- Teamwork skills are essential.
- Occasional availability on evenings and weekends.
- Occasional availability to travel outside the greater metropolitan area.
With nearly 20 years of experience in information technologies, Matricis has developed a specialization in business applications and data integration, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), the Internet of Things (IoT), and operational efficiency, to name just a few.
Joining Matricis means working with cutting-edge technology in a dynamic, highly stimulating environment where you can make your mark. It means working in the heart of downtown Montréal, steps away from the Guy-Concordia and Lucien-L’Allier metro stations, in a friendly workplace where physical activity is encouraged (bike room with a shower, Bixi keys, etc.). It also means having access to competitive benefits and an active social club that organizes activities for every taste.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org